Divine Travel Tips

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spiritual Human Evolving vs. Aging

Aging, matter over time, can be influenced with our thoughts which alter the biochemistry of our physical body. Our thoughts are like internal signals or energy messages that control our DNA, contrary to the belief that our DNA controls our biology. Our bodies, the physical manifestation of the energy we choose to live IN, can be changed and influenced by the energy we co-create with our thoughts, emotions, activities, relationships and dreams.

But, what inspires thoughts and orient them toward a specific kind of energy? It has to do with what gives us meaning, fill us up or make our hearts sing. This is an individual and very personal choice.

Aging doesn’t necessarily imply deterioration or lost of faculties/life. Aging is matter (energy) over time. I have dedicated more than 8 years to the design and implementation of programs, projects or interventions that speak to the heart of people. I don’t choose programs for them. I ask them and listen to what's in their heart. But one of my most amazing findings is to hear people say “no one every asked me or told me that I can choose, honestly, I don’t know at this very moment what is that I want. I have never thought about it.”

When we facilitate ways for people to look inside themselves, explore who they are and co-create avenues for them to give birth to their co-creations, dreams and beautiful ways, there is something almost magical that happens, they value the gift of life more than ever before. I have seen it, people stop existing to start living and blocks of energy that were causing dis-eases start dissolving giving space to a process of healing, harmony and a life IN love.

In 1998 I gave birth to something I named “Elder Recreation Therapy, ERT©.” and dedicated years to get to know a population and ways that were new to me. It is easier to plan programs for children because we have been there but it was harder to help elders and their unique ways. The only way I was able to do this was living, conversing, listening, observing and celebrating life with our elders. In 2001 I presented the first ever Clinical Therapeutic Recreation Program for Elders© at the VA Hospital in Washington D. C.


For the first time interdisciplinary health care professionals heard about how meaning-full recreation (love and play) can be for a spiritual human being. In 2001 I wrote and self-published my first book, 1 2 3 Interventions For A Better Life For Elders©. It wasn’t about keeping elders busy with their choices of activities because they were “at the end” of their journey and deterioration was inevitable. Life is about the co-creation of our selves. Some elders lose interest for life when they lose their heart, meaning, the spark for life. A belief perhaps, that this is it for them and that elders are “problems” for our society. No, at the contrary, a new realization helped me see life and its purpose in a totally different way;

-- Elders are experienced Children, and
-- Children are Elders doing it all over again

My heart came to this new realization during meditation. This caused a profound impact within me because it helped me compose programs and facilitate resources to foster that intentional continuity of Spirit Evolving. My life with elders, especially living with forms of dementia, was my lab. In 2005 I founded Elderology©, the science that studies the design, implementation, evaluation and co-creation of Spiritual Human Evolving vs. Aging©. But the main difference is that Elderology views wholistic living as SPIRIT. BODY and MIND are projections of SPIRIT. The main purpose is to maintain a focus “SPIRIT IN LOVE” and this is LIFE, and to be IN, live IN this vibrational frequency changes AGING as a state of becoming rather than declining or deteriorating. The Universe is Spirit IN love, getting better and better.

These realizations are the cornerstones reflected in all our programs, community integration and civil engagement at My Divine Travels©. Wholistic living for us is not BODY, MIND and SPIRIT.

Spirit IN love is a way of life, self empowerment and the catalyst of a being choosing the manifestation of its magic (possible worlds in the most amazing Essence, love.) Yes, and I do admire and respect beings that teach and model MAGIC as being in state of awakening, fully engage with their hearts and the Spirit flowing pure Love.

I frankly found hard to believe that a being, with so much clarity and beyond the rational approach of life, choose to live its regular day to day life being the model of approachable magic, Spirit IN love, and I think I have met this being in my life because my heart was “cooking one” in my lab (Life) and asked for it. All my programs and interventions were about inspiring beings to live their magic self and I have witnessed some beings becoming this ON and OFF.

But the Universe introduced my life to the best example of my dreams. The Universe always surprises us, beyond belief.

Elderology is the magical approach of life. We are eternal beings in a never ending process of becoming, infused and perfumed by LOVE.

(More about Elderology in our new website My Divine Travels... coming very soon! )

Love and light!
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment